Getting outside and keeping active, with longer, lighter days ahead, delivers immense benefit to you and your dog. Both mentally and physically! Those walks are not just to answer the call of nature. They promote well-being and strengthen the bond between you and your pet!
To make sure they’ve got the energy they need for your adventures together, you need to give them the right food.
So, what benefits will LeanDog deliver for your dog?
Freshly Prepared Ingredients
Our grain-free, protein-led foods are gently cooked at a low heat and low pressure. This is central to our full-flavoured, highly nutritious recipe. We use Freshly Prepared ingredients. This is the term we use to describe the human grade quality raw and fresh meats which are used in each of our recipes. High-pressure cooking would denature the nutrients in our freshly-prepared ingredients. Therefore we take our time with a unique cooking process. This protects those essential nutrients. Providing your dog with a natural-smelling, delicious mealtime.
Therefore, the resultant increase in protein-led bio-availability can provide digestibility levels of 90%. Furthermore increasing the energy your dog gets from each mouthful and reducing wind. A benefit the whole household can share!
Omega-3 Supplement included for your dog
Each of the LeanDog recipes have been formulated with an addition of Omega-3. Obtained from high quality, responsibly sourced fish oils. These fish oils, or fatty acids are an essential part of your dog’s diet.
Not only does Omega-3 assist with providing your dog with energy, furthermore it assists with keeping your dog healthy and happy by providing support to their immune system.
Reducing Inflammation & Skin Irritation
You may have heard of the terms EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) the fatty acids of Omega-3. The EPA is converted into anti- inflammatory components, which helps to manage inflammatory based problems such as joint, coat and bladder diseases.
Adding just 2.5% to 3.5% of premium fish oil to the diet yields substantial health benefits for both dogs and cats. DHA has a more structural role and is found in high concentrations in nerve tissue such as the brain and eyes. Puppies and kittens need EPA to feed their growing brains, while older pets benefit from DHA to support their aging brains. Source – Global Pets Community
Omega-3 fatty acids are especially helpful for dogs that suffer from inflammatory disorders. In addition to allergies and skin irritations. With the inclusion of omega-3 in their food, they are assisted with controlling these types of canine skin disorders. Including aiding the effects of dry and flaky skin, leading to achieving a healthy, shiny coat.
The Benefits of Sweet Potato in Your Dog’s Diet
We use Sweet Potato as the source of carbohydrate in each of the LeanDog grain free recipes. But what are the benefits for your dog?
- Your dog can rest assured, this safe and healthy carbohydrate is a great alternative to grains.
- Sweet potato is packed with a variety of vitamins and minerals that are beneficial to your dog.
- It’s naturally gluten free and low in fat.
- Sweet potatoes are high in fibre, which promotes a healthy digestive system and healthy bowel movement.
- Those with a sensitive digestive system can also benefit, as they are soothing on the stomach.
- They are a complex carbohydrate with a lower glycemic index. In other words it releases it’s energy slowly throughout the day, keeping their stomach’s fuller for longer.
- ” They are one of the best dietary sources of vitamin A, which promotes healthy skin, coat, eyes, nerves, and muscles in dogs. Vegetables with orange flesh contain beta-carotene, a precursor of vitamin A and a powerful antioxidant that helps prevent disease and infection. ” Source – PETMD
So, next time you’re planning an adventure with your dog, make sure you’ve given them the premium food they need to keep up. Our Food
LeanDog – always read the label.
*This is for informational purposes only. Please see a vet if your pet shows any symptoms